For anyone that has owned a boat for a longer period of time, they will most likely be able to see the value in a boat lift.
A boat lift raises the boat out of the water and makes it easy to paint the bottom of the boat, fix any damage, and simply just keeps the boat up and out of the water when it is not being used, say during the cold winter months.
That being said, boat lifts are not cheap and can cost about $1500 per ton being lifted.
The typical price tag for a boat lift ranges from $2,000 – $20,000 +.
Types of Boat Lifts and their Cost
There are a few different types of boat lifts and they each have different prices.
Here are the different types of boat lifts and what they are used for:
- Cantilever – Cantilever lifts are usually made out of aluminum and are the cheapest and easiest to move around. This type of lift has very few moving parts and is supported solely by the frame.
- Vertical – Vertical lifts are also lightweight but they are powered by electricity. They can hold anywhere between 1,000 – 10,000 pounds and are easy to control and move.
- Hydraulic – These are usually more expensive and are marine grade which means they can hold weights up to 10,000 pounds. Hydraulic lifts are idea for medium to large boats.
- Elevator – Elevator lifts are adhered to the side of a seawall or dock and are made with either steel or aluminum. The most expensive and strongest type of lift, they can lift up to 16,000 pounds.
Here is the Average pricing for Different types of Boat Lifts:
- Cantilever lifts – $1,600 – $3,500
- Vertical lifts – $6,000 – $20,000
- Hydraulic lifts – $2,000 – $12,000
- Elevator lifts – $8,000 – $20,000
Keep in mind that there may be additional costs when purchasing your boat lift.
You may need to pay to have someone come and install the boat lift for you, which will result in installation fees.
Installation costs will vary depending on the type of lift and the location it will be installed.
And don’t forget the maintenance. Regular maintenance will keep your boat lift working and it will extend the lift of the boat lift so that you can use it for years to come.
Other costs could be for additional accessories such as carpeted bunks, motor stops, etc.